Well its official, the Boss Martians are a full blown rock and roll band.
After weaning themselves off of the surf influences gradually it was
inevitable that this would happen. I am not disappointed, even though
I love surf-instrumental. This group is very talented with a dominating
front man by the name of Evan Foster. Foster is now totally unrestrained
and he cuts loose with some potent guitar leads that match his emotive
wails behind the microphone.
"Making The Rounds" is all basic rock and roll, and with oomph. This
is their best album to date, and I see no end to their continuing
development. Moving away from the simplified surf sound was the smart
thing to do. They are utilizing Foster to his fullest potential; they
would be fools not to. Hats off to producer Art Bourasseau for another
find job behind the control knobs, the sound is just explosive, and clear as a bell.
All the elements came together on this recording to make it a top-notch
effort in every aspect. Every song is brilliant, and they all effortlessly
flow together. That is exactly the kind atmosphere and continuity
that everyone looks for when they get in the studio. These guys must
be from Mars, this is just too good!
If your looking for a good party album to give a spin this summer
this is your ticket, its music that speaks the universal language of rock and roll.
Note: A very cool cover designed by Ferenc Dobronyi (Pollo Del Mar's Lead Guitarist)
1. Making the Rounds (Boss Martians) - 2:25
2. She Moves Me (Foster) - 3:19
3. Feel It Like Everyone (Foster) - 4:09
4. She Was the One (Foster) - 3:06
5. Something's There (Boss Martians) - 4:13
6. Dreaming in Stereo (Foster) - 3:42
7. Put Some Hurt on You (Foster) - 2:59
8. Heard What You Said (Foster) - 3:15
9. Amx (Boss Martians) - 4:06
10. My Love Ain't Free (Foster) - 3:06
11. Gold Diggin' (Foster) - 2:48
12. Every Girl in Town (Foster) - 4:06
Ferenc Dobronyi - Design
Evan Foster - Guitar, Percussion, Piano, Vocals
Johnny Sangster - Guitar (Electric), Vocals (bckgr), Producer, Engineer, Mellotron
Art Bourasseau - Executive Producer
Steve Davis - Bass, Vocals (bckgr)